Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011 ~ the first one without our girl

The Light of the World  continues to shine through this dark time.


I must admit, Christmas was just. plain. hard.


Doing the traditions without her is almost unbearable.


Meditating on the Son leaving Heaven to come to earth and walk this sin-trodden soil to make a straight, narrow path that leads the way to the Everlasting brings refreshment to my soul.  

Reminding myself that Lydia is basking in the joy of this priceless gift lifts the weight of grief.  

















Spent some time making Christmas decorations.

     Making memories with my boys.

           Remembering how much my girl loved to "make stuff" while she lived here.



"Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart."
Luke 2:19



~ Savoring Sweet Moments ~




Had to throw this one in because it makes me smile...
Willie snoozing while Sam decorates his leg with fuzz. :)
(typical Sam antic)








~ Great Wolf Lodge ~


















~ Packing Up the Gifts ~ North Carolina Bound ~








Wrapping presents without her felt odd.  I was so thankful Luke quickly showed interest and helped.  He has found the sweetest ways to ease the pain of missing her.  Writing the from portion on the gift tags was the most difficult ~ not including her name.






By the way, Luke gave me his "Thor" helmet.
He knows I love that movie!
Sweet boy.










How strange it felt to be in a cementery at Christmas time.

Visiting her spot...
                          

The boys gathered dandelions to decorate her spot. 













~ Enjoying Friends and Family ~


~Sleepover at the Sneads ~ 
This is my dear friend, Deanna, sleeping with the kids on the floor palette.














It's tradition that Willie wears his Grinch pants
every Christmas morning.







The LORD is my strength and my shield; 
in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; 
my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.


Psalm 28:7


Christmas 2010


14 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for the Lord's love in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how much of Lydia I see in Sam, esp. in these photos... and Lydia shining in that sweet Luke's personality!! Your family was thought of and prayed for so very many times through the holidays. (Hope you got my message!) I love how in everything you do, your love & passion shines for Christ. "Be joyful always. Pray continually. Give thanks in ALL circumstances." :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are amazing. Thank you for sharing again. This, I know, was difficult, but He is using you to show others the hope we have with Him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hurt for you and wish you more comfort each day. Thank you for making me a better person with your witness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Stacey, I am praying daily for your family. You make me see God even through such great pain. Thank you. God bless your family. You are such a beautiful woman of God! You are HIS reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought of you so often over the last few weeks, and several times on Christmas Day. At least you have this first one behind you.... I agree with everyone else's comments - Jesus just SHINES through you! Thank you for showing me that it is possible to endure even in the most difficult of times. I continue to pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you do not know me. We have been praying for you and your family for a long time. We know friends and family you have in NC. Lydia has touched my heart, because of my great love for children and children's ministry... also because of this blog. Your loved ones here share your blog as a great testimony and witness to an everlasting love and faith. Know that her story, your story, will continue to minister for a long time to come. Others will be blessed by you. May you know you are prayed for and we pray that this new year will be a time for healing hearts for you and your family.
    love and prayers from NC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacey, we watched a movie during Christmas and Madison said, "mommy do you think that is how the Byrd's are feeling right now too?" We prayed for you RIGHT then and THERE!! And I agree with Karen, Sam's pictures look so much like Lydia's baby pix!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankful God's grace was sufficient to sustain you through an incredibly difficult year. And so very thankful that His grace and mercies are renewed each and every day, not just every year! Love you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tears, love, and peace to you. You don't know me, but your daughter is (I can't say was, because she will always be in your heart) the same age as mine. She also has two younger brothers. Her face reminds me of my daughter everytime I look at your blog. Please forgive me for such a personal note in the open. I can't look at her face with seeing my baby girl there. I am praying for your precious heart and family today. We may never meet, but I am looking forward to heaven where we can worship together forever. Praying God's blessing and personal touch all this next year. I know you have felt Him, but that it would be ever present this year. Love to your family--as much as a stranger can give!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so so sorry for all that has happened! I have been following your story for a while! I believe you lived in Greenville for a while? Well, I live in Goldsboro and go to FaithChurch--and our pastor spoke this morning on Romans 8:28--ALL things work together for our good. I know it just doesn't seem right, but one day you WILL see her again!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So thankful we were able to see you this Christmas season. You are such a blessing to us. We love you all and will continue to pray for Gods powerful peace.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Continuing to pray for you my friend and sister in Christ. May the dawn of this new year bring about a renewed sense of peace and faith for you and your sweet family. Keeping the faith and knowing that Jesus had a special guest this year on his birthday brings me peace, although it doesn't make it easier on my own Mama heart. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can not put myself in your shoes, or begin to know the hole that is in your heart. I just see sweet Lydia in heaven dancing and singing with theangels. What a beautiful image that is. I pray peace for you and your family and I pray that you can take comfort in knowing your sweet little one will never suffer another day and she is dancing on the feet of Jesus. I love you.

    ReplyDelete