As we were traveling down the road at 4 am, my sweet man at the wheel, I was reminded of another middle-of-the-night trip to the hospital. January 30th, 2004 ~ Willie driving and me having labor pains, knowing that soon our precious God-gift, wrapped in the flesh of a baby girl, would be ushered into this world...into our arms. Yesterday morning ~Willie at the wheel, me hovering over her ~ me, with pains of my heart and her, with pains in her precious head, wondering if we would soon be giving her back to Him...into His arms. I hovered over her, kissing her head and whisper-praying to our Father, "Lord, please take away her pain. Take her if you want. She's yours anyway, but thank you for letting us have her for a little bit. You can take so much better care of her than I can." Don't get me wrong, I love her with ever fiber of my being, but trying to make her stay on this broken earth just doesn't seem right. Not when we know she wants to go Home. She's expressed to us in many sweet, precious ways that she longs to be in heaven. To be free from these tumors. To be free from this painful world.
He knew even before He made her His plan for her.
His perfect plan.
Not 87 years on this earth.
Not 47.
Not 17.
7.
7½ she'd say more precisely. I feel that her 7½ years have not been wasted, but have been used for His glory. I pray her story will continue to etch His story deep into some hearts.
| written August 2011 |
He doesn't want us clinging to His gifts,
He wants us clinging tightly to Him.
Eloquently said, as always. I so admire your courage.
ReplyDeletetearing up as I read this and yet understanding that our love for our children is GREAT! Praying for a pain free Lydia.
ReplyDeleteJessie
Stacey,
ReplyDelete7 - the number of completion. Evidentially God has completed His perfect work in her. Praying for your family, your words pierce me.
Debbie, MA
Praying...
ReplyDelete"You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore"....(Ps. 16:11) continuing to pray...
ReplyDeleteI spoke of your strength today in my salon. May the Lord bless you and keep you. Praying with you. All for Lydia. Sweet Blessings to you all.
ReplyDeleteAs we have continued to pray, as a church and individually, for your precious family, we've admired and been blessed by the strength you have as a couple and family. May God's abundant grace continue to enfold you all. Denise Scronce
ReplyDeleteStacey, my heart continues to break for you as a mother. You are courageous and just as beautiful inside as you are outside. I can't begin to imagine the flood of emotions that you must have going on, but above all you are unselfish and faithful. You are an inspiration to us all and I thank you for sharing your life with us. Lydia has SO much to look forward to in Heaven, we ALL do. I am so glad you have taught her to not be frightened or scared, but instead to LONG for "home" with Jesus. I am proud to know you and proud to call you my friend. My prayer for Lydia is that she will be free from pain FOREVER! My prayer for you is that you will continue to feel God's love and divine touch as he carries you through the days, weeks, months, and years. Love you all!
ReplyDeleteDear Stacey, my heart is broken for you. I have 3 girls, and my youngest, Lauren, is exactly 7 and 1/2 too! That makes me smile. I was so encouraged, with tears streaming down my face, I am praying for your family, and for precious little Lydia, your baby bird. I teach children's music at Colonial and saw your blog in our daily call-to-prayer. I love the music you selected to carry you through this trial. Stay close to Jesus, Oh, How He Love You and yes, you are SAFE in His arms. As I go to direct children's choir tonight, grades 2-5, may we pray for Lydia? I like to think she would be in my choir tonight, with us, if you all were still here in NC and part of Colonial's local family. I am going to provide cards and materials to the children tonight so we can make her cards of encouragement and hope. Perhaps she will soon see Jesus, or perhaps by His grace, He still has plans for her here, What is her favorite children's song? Please keep in touch, and send me your address so we can send you cards! Love in Christ, Amy Ims (Miss Amy)
ReplyDeleteamytheharpist@gmail.com
Stacey,
ReplyDeleteI learned about sweet Lydia through my friend Jennifer Carnes. I've been praying for her & for your family during this difficult time. I said goodbye to my sweet Miles 6 1/2 years ago. Saying goodbye is so very hard...but knowing that He's with my Savior gives me so much hope! I have a huge piece of my heart up in Heaven & long to be with my Savior and with my Miles. My kids love to talk about their brother up in Heaven. We know we have a special treasure waiting on us. A treasure that is no longer in pain & has been made whole.
I will continue to pray!!!
I came to hear of your story through a friend in Wake Forest, NC. Praying for your family during this difficult time. Please know that your strength in God is reaching and encouraging those across the miles.
ReplyDeleteHi Stacey, Willie, Lydia and boys. I have been reading your postings. Your words brings tears to my eyes. God has given you a special gift of writing words of encouragement so others may be encouraged in time of sorrow, trials and even watching your child suffering so many months. We are praying for Lydia at Mintz Baptist Church in Roseboro, NC and also for the family. May God continue to use you through your daily postings to reach out to others in need. I also hope you will write a book AFTER Lydia's home-going and maybe entitle it "Byrd's Nest". By the way, Willie may not remember me but I am his 3rd cousin I think. I know he knows my Mom, Adell Creech. I lost my son, Jason Register when he was 14 years old. He was killed in a tractor accident in 1986. At times, it seems like yesterday and then other times so long ago. I didn't have the opportunity to tell him in the last moments of his life how much I loved him and goodbye. But I have the assurance knowing that I will see him again one day. The ONLY way I made it through his death was knowing Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I have peace in knowing that Jason was a fine Christian young man and he is in Heaven. As much as I miss him, I wouldn't ask him to come back to this troubled world. Please know we are praying for continued strength for your family. Love,
ReplyDeleteJudy Creech Owen
Dear Stacy,
ReplyDeleteI have been praying for you and for Lydia. I heard about Lydia when she was in kindergarten with Mrs. Morris. I lost my husband a little over 3 years ago to a brain tumor. I understand the unique battle you are facing and I am praying the Lord continues to give you strength. I know He is pouring His grace into your life right now. Heaven is so near, isn't it? Now, I think about heaven every day because my heart is so tied to this wonderful Place! I wanted to encourage you with something I realized during the last few days before the Lord took my husband Home. This isn't goodbye. We are forever a family because we share an eternal future! One day I will be standing beside my husband before the Throne of God, with my children near, singing His praises. That is our true Home. Won't it be amazing? Praying so hard for you all and little Lydia.
In Christ,
Sharon Daniel
I have just come across your blog and I sit here with tears streaming down my face! May God continue to bless you and your precious family! You will be in my prayers!!
ReplyDeleteI seriously hope you are writing a book. Your strength and courage, which I know you get from the Lord, is just other worldly, Stacey.
ReplyDeleteI click over here every now and then to learn a little bit more of your story and each time, I come away praising the Lord and always crying.
Thank you for giving God all of the glory...
Your Indiana friend who thinks you guys are pretty cool,
LY