her sweet, yellow room.
Waiting for her to be delivered.
[And indeed] the Lord will certainly deliver and draw me to Himself from every assault of evil. He will preserve and bring me safe unto His heavenly kingdom. To Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen (so be it).
2 Timothy 4: 18
* Today is very different from yesterday, maybe not so much bad, but different. She hasn't fully woken up since she went to sleep last night.
She is tired ~ it's time to rest.
Her room is dimly lit with her favorite scent ("Flirtatious") enveloping her sweet space while her CD player reverberates sleepy sounds.
She is resting and shows no signs of discomfort.
She is tired ~ it's time to rest.
Her room is dimly lit with her favorite scent ("Flirtatious") enveloping her sweet space while her CD player reverberates sleepy sounds.
She is resting and shows no signs of discomfort.
Unexplainable peace fills our hearts and this home.
He continues to be our anchor in the storm.















the photo of Willie is fantastic, much better than the angry birds one... :)
ReplyDeletei am so moved by your story. i cannot find the words to explain the sorrow i feel, but it's as if your inexplicable peace (from Christ) covers anything that i want to say...
Thankful for the pictures. Praying for you all from Puebla Mexico!
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are just as beautiful as your heart. May God be glorified. . . may He be high and lifted up! As I was praying for you today, the hymn "I'll Fly Away" came to my mind. . .love you so, praying without ceasing.
ReplyDeleteWe know one another from years ago and your family lived just down the street from ours',Eastwood... "our" little girls were born around the same time in 2004. As I read your "waiting room", I selfishly felt compelled to share with you my tears and a heavy heart from a mother and to express the pain in which must be laden on your soul. I share my prayers for you and your family. No words are fitting, I know this ... God's grace is powerful and you are one that betrays the beauty of it .
ReplyDeleteGod Bless. Dawn
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! She is a beautiful young lady that is an inspiration to me and so many!
ReplyDeleteYour blog has moved me beyond words. As a mother, my heart aches for you and your family. While reading this I kept thinking was Psalms 121:
ReplyDeleteI lift up my eyes to the hills- Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip -
He who watches over you will not slumber;
Indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you
The LORD is your shade at your right hand;
The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm -
He will watch over your life;
The LORD will watch over your coming and going
Both now and forevermore.
A friend from my home town (Kinston) posted a link to your blog on facebook tonight and I am praying for you from across town here in Midlothian. With tears streaming down my cheeks I am so grateful our Savior lives, that He will soon hold your sweet Lydia and she will hurt no more. What a wonderful day it will be when we all live together in paradise.
ReplyDeleteI stumbled across your blog through a friend and I can barely get through your posts. I have no idea how you are getting through your days. I watched my dad suffer from a brain tumor when I was 15 and now as a mother I COULD NOT imagine watching my children suffer in that sort of way! You have all of my prayers and I pray that she will be free of all pain very soon! You are amazon to speak with such faith! It literally blows my mind to see your composure but I understand that sometimes watching the one you love suffer beyon words is harder than letting them go to the lord. I will think of you and your family often and pray for peace.
ReplyDeleteWe are doing our own waiting tonight as my father-in-law is preparing for his journey to eternity. Even at the age of 86 we cannot help feeling as if it is too soon. We have found much solace in your words and are in awe of your strength and faith. I pray that they both will have a peaceful homecoming where they will be met with the warm embrace of our Lord. Our prayers for your family that you may find healing and strength to go on when Lydia finally ends this leg of her journey, until you are called to rejoin your sweet angel.
ReplyDeleteGod has given you such amazing gifts...your precious daughter, your steadfast faith, your unselfish ability to share...thank you from all of us who need to be reminded everyday of so many things!
ReplyDeleteGod has given you a precious gift that has touched so many people. I have said it before but will say it again, that I am honored to know you and your family. Its not fair that it should be you who inspires people instead of the other way around, but God has a plan for everyone on this earth and the only thing we can do is to get out of his way and watch it happen. He is preparing a place for us all but he has a special place for some, and I truly believe that sweet Lydia will have such a place. All pain and suffering will end for her and she will rejoice in meeting Him soon. Love you all always
ReplyDeletePrayers for continuing peace and strength to you and your precious family.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what you are about to face but i do know you will face it with faith and understanding.You know in your heart that a better place awaits for miss Lydia! She will soon be in a wonderful place free of all the pain. She will be surrounded by all the sweet angels in heaven.My heart weighs so heavy for you and all the Byrds in the nest.I will spend the rest of my day praying for peace for you all!! LOTS OF LOVE FOR LYDIA!!
ReplyDeleteMy heart is breaking for you and your family. My husband Mike work's with your husband and we have followed Lydia's story for quite some time and I am moved by your strength and faith in the Lord's plan. I heard the the newest news this morning and we just want you to know how many prayers are going out in your behalf. We are so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby girl. We love your family through your husband and hope and pray for some kind of peace and comfort to be brought to you during this difficult time. -Shannon Jury
ReplyDeleteI read your blog as a friend of Sammie Starr's, from Illinois. I have prayed for your sweet Lydia and your family for a couple of years now. Please know we sorrow with you today and continue to pray for all of you as you grieve and yet we REJOICE with you that Lydia is finally sitting at the feet of our precious Savior. Your testimony through all of this has really blessed me. God bless you.
ReplyDeleteI am absolutely heartbroken for you. I only discovered your blog yesterday but your posts are so touching that I was not able to tear myself away. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. I pray that Lydia is flying high and your family will get some peace knowing she is home now.
ReplyDeletepraying for your sweet family...we are so sad for your loss - the Silva family (GBC)
ReplyDeletePsalms 62:5-8 5 My soul, wait in silence for God only,For my hope is from Him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be shaken.
7 On God my salvation and my glory rest;
The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.
8 Trust in Him at all times, O people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us.
My prayers are going up for "The Byrd Nest" from Hockenheim, Germany. My heart aches with the thought of the pain Lydia suffers and the pain all of you share each moment as you wait on the Lord's will.
ReplyDelete2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (NIV)
Praise to the God of All Comfort
3 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God."
As our Father comforts, you in turn comfort Sweet Lydia.
If You Could See Me Now
ReplyDeleteIf You Could See Me Now
(Kim Noblitt)
Our prayers have all been answered. I finally arrived.
The healing that had been delayed has now been realized.
No one's in a hurry. There's no schedule to keep.
We're all enjoying Jesus, just sitting at His feet.
Cho: If you could see me now, I'm walking streets of gold.
If you could see me now, I'm standing strong and whole.
If you could see me now, you'd know I've seen His face.
If you could see me now, you'd know the pain is erased.
You wouldn't want me to ever leave this place,
If you could only see me now.
My light and temporary trials have worked out for my good,
To know it brought Him glory when I misunderstood.
Though we've had our sorrows, they can never compare.
What Jesus has in store for us, no language can share. (Chorus twice)
You wouldn't want me to ever leave this perfect place
If you could only see me now
If you could see me now
If you could only see me now
Kim Noblitt, (c) 1992 Integrity's Praise/BMI and Dad and Dann Music
Sung by Truth (Russ Lee, soloist) on "Something to Hold On To," 1992.
XX
I am sobbing as I read. I lost a child, too...6 years ago. Lydia was an angel...a beautiful, precious angel. You will be able to reach out to hundreds of people. You won't understand...and you won't feel that it was worth it, but God doesn't expect that....just rest in His arms.
ReplyDeleteReading these posts and seeing these pictures causes me to step outside myself and see a bigger picture of how amazing God is and see how much we need each other. I am praying for your family.
ReplyDeleteI know I am late commenting on all of this, but seeing as I just found your blog I felt compelled to read it all. The photos are beautiful. I love the ones of your dog keeping watch over her...animals are so good like that!
ReplyDelete