This morning appeared to be normal.
Until 8am.
Lydia said she must have slept wrong because her head was hurting. I asked where. She told me the back. I gave her Tylenol and shot Dr. Gold an e-mail, called Willie, and called my precious friend Kim to see if she could take the boys... all while I began packing (and I must admit...coloring my hair...I was sure I had time to process). God gave me clarity of mind to respond without overreacting. So thankful for His guidance. Willie was home in no time. I quickly jumped into the shower. In a few minutes he was in the bathroom telling me Lydia had gotten sick on her stomach. He gave her Zofran and as soon as I got out of the shower I e-mailed Dr. Gold. He was quick to respond and instructed me to give her an additional 2mg of Decadron. Soon she was feeling much better. Willie took Zoe to 4 Paws Dog Resort while I finished packing. When he returned we quickly loaded up the kids and our bags. When we pulled up to drop off Luke and Sam at the Voiles Resort for Byrd Boys all 6 of those sweet Voiles poured out of their home wearing "Love for Lydia" t-shirts! ♡ Wish I had a picture of that sweet gaggle to insert right HERE ↓.
Glad that sweet image is etched in my noggin.
Their warm hugs sent us on our way.
God blessed us with beautiful blue skies as we travelled southwest. Saw several clouds that looked perfect for Jesus to come on back.
Come, Lord Jesus.
Lydia munched on snacks and rested during the drive.
My mind was filled with thoughts of how God takes care of all the details and nudges us to get things done. All weekend I had an overwhelming feeling to get things checked off our to-do list and a lot was accomplished.
We need not fear what is ahead of us, only deal with whatever God puts right in front of us.
Such freedom in knowing He plans our every step and His perfect will will be done.
Until 8am.
Lydia said she must have slept wrong because her head was hurting. I asked where. She told me the back. I gave her Tylenol and shot Dr. Gold an e-mail, called Willie, and called my precious friend Kim to see if she could take the boys... all while I began packing (and I must admit...coloring my hair...I was sure I had time to process). God gave me clarity of mind to respond without overreacting. So thankful for His guidance. Willie was home in no time. I quickly jumped into the shower. In a few minutes he was in the bathroom telling me Lydia had gotten sick on her stomach. He gave her Zofran and as soon as I got out of the shower I e-mailed Dr. Gold. He was quick to respond and instructed me to give her an additional 2mg of Decadron. Soon she was feeling much better. Willie took Zoe to 4 Paws Dog Resort while I finished packing. When he returned we quickly loaded up the kids and our bags. When we pulled up to drop off Luke and Sam at the Voiles Resort for Byrd Boys all 6 of those sweet Voiles poured out of their home wearing "Love for Lydia" t-shirts! ♡ Wish I had a picture of that sweet gaggle to insert right HERE ↓.
Glad that sweet image is etched in my noggin.
Their warm hugs sent us on our way.
God blessed us with beautiful blue skies as we travelled southwest. Saw several clouds that looked perfect for Jesus to come on back.
Come, Lord Jesus.
Lydia munched on snacks and rested during the drive.
My mind was filled with thoughts of how God takes care of all the details and nudges us to get things done. All weekend I had an overwhelming feeling to get things checked off our to-do list and a lot was accomplished.
We need not fear what is ahead of us, only deal with whatever God puts right in front of us.
Such freedom in knowing He plans our every step and His perfect will will be done.
Trust.
Focusing on Faith, not fear.
"In Life we can have a fear focus or a faith focus. We can have a problem focus or a promise focus. What we choose to focus on makes all the difference in the world as to how we experience life." ~Gary Oliver
Saw Dr. Gold today and will see him tomorrow after MRI. Her last appointment (a little over a week ago) we discussed the option of Avastin. It is a chemo drug that is used to treat radiation scar tissue and/or tumors. Today Dr. Gold mentioned Lydia receiving her first dose tomorrow afternoon.
After leaving the hospital we ate a late lunch at California Pizza and did a little shopping.
Then we headed to the hotel...
⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘
| Yep. Red Velvet. One of her favs. I'd say she deserved it after this day. |
Then we headed to the hotel...
father and daughter watched some TV while momma blogged. :)
When the cares of my heart are many,
your consolations cheer my soul.
Psalm 94:19
⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘
This is my comfort in affliction,
that your promise gives me life.
Psalm 119:50
Please know that your family is ALWAYS welcome at our home. We are not as fun as Southpoint, but we are much less expensive. :) I would say we are about one hour from UNC, sometimes less, sometimes more.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for Lydia. What a huge blessing and testimony that wherever your family lands there is always a wonderful support of Christian friends.